Summer is almost officially here! With my favorite season of the year, comes backyard BBQ’s and picnics galore. Who doesn’t love creamy potato salad at all these fun family functions? I wanted to come up with a Whole30 recipe that is both easy and a great healthy alternative to this backyard staple.
Perfect Whole30 Potato Salad Ingredient List
- 3-5 pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 jar of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/3 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/2 diced white onion
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced into small pieces
- 3 cooked pieces of bacon, diced into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of bacon grease
- 1/2 teaspoon of dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery flake
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Chunk and boil the potatoes, leaving the skins intact. Boil until fork tender and allow to cool completely.
- Cook 3 strips of bacon, dice and reserve the bacon grease for later.
- Once potatoes are cool, dice into bite size pieces.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients listed above. Be sure to fully combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
You can always adjust the tastes according to your preferences- some people like it a little heavier on the mustard or salt! Happy Cooking!