Looking for a lower calorie cocktail that actually tastes good? Try this summer spritzer. It was the perfect end to the work week! I made this as a layered drink, so that it will look pretty. You can certainly skip a couple steps if your motto is “give me the booze and nobody gets hurt!”. The main ingredient in the drink is sparkling water. If you are new to Paleo/Whole30 living- this may not taste as good to you, as it does to me. Once you kick your dependency on sugar- you will find that sparkling water is actually good! You can use any flavor of sparking water (zero calories and no sweetener), I chose orange to compliment the peach vodka. You can also skip the orange juice if you are really trying to be good on your dietary journey! I just needed a little sweetness this week! 🙂
- Orange Juice
- Peach Vodka
- Orange/Tangerine flavor Sparkling Water
- Mandarin Orange Slice
- Fill your glass 1/3 the way full with orange juice.
- Add enough ice to rise above the orange juice. This is important if you want the layered look.
- Using the ice as a buffer, very slowly pour in a shot of Peach Vodka. If you pour slow, your vodka will sit above the juice.
- Last slowly, pour in your sparkling water.
- Admire the beauty, serve and swirl!